Smorgasburg Brooklyn Associate
Thank you for considering joining The SisterYard’s part-time weekend market team position at Smorgasburg Brooklyn!
We are thrilled that you are interested in joining us this season. We participate in Smorgasburg **Williamsburg on Saturdays** and **Prospect Park on Sundays.** This position is for **BOTH** market days.
If you're not already familiar with Smorgasburg, it’s the largest weekly open-air food market in America every weekend from April through October. This will be The SisterYard’s third season in Brooklyn! Smorgasburg is a destination for both locals and tourists, and it's a great opportunity to be part of a bustling, dynamic environment while showcasing our products and having fun. At The SisterYard, we brew and bottle our Coconut Cold Brew right here in New York City, and are on a mission to make a more healthful cup of coffee.
As a member of our team, your responsibilities will include efficiently loading out the van upon arrival at the park and preparing for service. You will work alongside another team member throughout the day, setting up the tent, tables, coolers, and all other items necessary for a smooth day of serving our delicious Coconut Cold Brew Coffee. The festival begins at 11:00AM and ends at 6:00PM. During this time, you will take orders, serve our signature drinks, handle payments, and replenish supplies as needed.
Things we love (and you’ll fit right in if you love them too!): Being physically active, enjoy the outdoors, our story resonates with you, you love coffee, and are ready to make frothy drinks while telling customers all the nerdy yet exciting facts about our Coconut Cold Brew Coffee all day long.
We want you to embrace this experience knowing that it takes plenty of hard work (we've been there!), but we also want you to have fun. This festival allows you to enjoy the beautiful weather of spring, summer, and fall in New York, engage with new people, and spread the word about The SisterYard, a delicious drink that is better for you than your standard cup of coffee!
- Working hours weekly from 8:30AM - 6:30/7:00PM Saturdays and Sundays.
- Be punctual - arrive on-time to greet the van for setup.
- Load out the van and begin preparing our assigned space for service.
- Set up the tent, tables, coolers, dispenser and any other necessary items such as milk crates, ice bags, and storage bins.
- Take orders and serve our signature drinks.
- Process payments and handle both credit card and cash transactions.
- Be a brand ambassador - while serving our coffee, you’re expected to educate guests about our products, how they’re made, and where they’re available outside of the market.
- Keep the booth clean as required by the NYC Department of Health.
- Break down operation at the end of the day and load all items back in the van.
- You’re physically active and able to work outdoors in various weather conditions for 6-8 hours.
- You’re able to stand for long periods of time and lift 40 lbs or more.
- You have great communication skills, are confident and assertive when addressing crowds of people.
- You’re a problem solver when placed in the natural elements (sometimes it’s sunny, sometimes it rains - you need to be ready for all scenarios!).
- You’re a great team player and are committed to success above all.
- Previous hospitality experience is preferred but not required.
If you believe that you are the right fit, please apply immediately!
$15/hr + tips
To apply, email us with the following:
- Why will you be a great addition to The SisterYard team? Explain why working for The SisterYard interests you.
- Answer a problem solving question (Choose one)
- How would you handle the challenge of running out of ice during a busy service
- What would you do if the customer doesn’t like the coffee and blames you for giving them a poor recommendation?
- How would you handle being out in the elements during inclement weather?
- What’s your favorite coffee drink?
- Tell us more about you - attach resume
We’re excited to receive your application and look forward to learning more about you!